So I am back from a wonderful break at home... 15 days spent getting pampered by mom.. enjoying the food, Delhi shopping and Delhi in general... I tell u the city is a boon for shoppers and foodies and considering I am both its actually a heaven for me :D I also met some amazing bloggers there and that was the sone pe suhaga... and what an afternoon that was... Met Meira, nm, How do we know, SMM, Neera at the gracious host nm's house... great talks were had with some awesome pav bhaji , pasta and kachoris and dhoklas which Neera got... this delicious food was followed by some amazing pastries that Meira bought... the kids behaved themselves, played with each other and the mom chit chatted over food as long last friends... Can it get better and then with a heavy heart at around 4:30pm we parted ways... Yay guys I do too many blogger meets and would be happy to see too many J J comments :D :evil: :mrgreen: (Read what Meira wrote about the meet here :) ) And now that I am back from home, let me put a Friday Feast recipe (coming on a Sunday... but just couldn't manage to post it before even when the post was almost complete) which is my mom's special...Bread Rolls... I am sure a lot of people make it but this somehow remains mom's specialty for us specially for N... When mom came to our house first time after my wedding she made it for breakfast and N instantly loved it... and now when everyone mom is visiting here or we are gone home that has become a must make breakfast... and the funny thing is that N calls it bread pakora and the first time he asked us to make bread pakora we were like really surprised because I didnt know he likes them but nonetheless we made it and when it reached the table...N was what have u made and then we realised that he is actually asking for brad roll :) So here is the recpie of Mom's Special Bread Roll Ingredients for the filling.
1 big potato boiled and mashed.
1/2 cup peas boiled and mashed lightly.
1 small onion chopped.
1-2 green chillies chopped.
handful of corrainder leaves chopped.
1 tsp dhaniya powder.
1/2 tsp garam masala powder.
1/2 tsp aamchur powder (dry mango)
salt and chilli powder to taste.
For the rolls.
Bread slices 6.
Oil to fry.
- Mix all filling ingredients and divide it into 6 equal parts.
- Take a slice of bread, dip it in cold water and then squeeze out the water.
- Take a ball of the filling, place it in the bread and the fold the bread to make it look like a roll.
- Repeat for all slices.
- Deep fry in oil.
- Serve hot absolute sinful but delicious bread rolls with green chutney or sauce.
- I also make a little healthier variation of this which I stuff with mix veggies and mozzarella, bake it instead of frying... that turns out yum too... will post that soon after I make it next time, I need a pic to upload till then enjoy the sinful treat PS: I haven't been able to come and read your blogs and reply to the comments... from past some time its happening so often that I am feeling bad saying sorry too now... but I promise to be more regular now... promise promise promise dont leave me and go haan :D.