Mixed Vegetable Paella
Paella is rice based dish with its origins in Spain specifically Valencia. Its made out of a special short and roundish rice in a flat pan and Paella means exactly that pan rice. The dish has a lovely olive oil flavour, I first eat it in a Spanish food festival that I attended somewhere a seafood and a veg paella both were served and I fell in love with both, so I scooted around the net for the recipe and started my own attempt of making it. But what I couldn’t find is the paella rice here so I went ahead and used the normal sona masuri rice though on second thoughts I think the kerala red rice would be good for this too.
Recipe – Mixed Vegetable Paella.
- Heat butter in a microwave safe pan in a microwave safe flat pan and add the strips of green and red capsicums to it. Cook on HIGH for about 2 minutes, add a pinch of salt and put in the microwave for 1 minute again. Keep aside the capsicum.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan again, add the bayleaf, star anise and chopped garlic microwave on MED for about 4 minutes.
- Add the onions and microwave on HIGH for about 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and the sautéed capsicum, peas and corn to it and microwave on MED for another 5 minutes.
- At this stage add the spice mix, salt, rice the vegetable stock. Mix well and cook for about 15 minutes till fully done.