Mixed Millet Khichdi
In the past one year or more, millets have been finding a firm place in my house. I use them in many things, salads, pulaos, soups, bakes like cookies and more. But the favorite at home really is this Mixed Millet Khichdi, quick to make and absolutely delightful to eat. Helps that khichdi is an absolute comfort food for me as well as N at home, combine this with kadhi or mango rasam for a perfect monsoon meal.
- In a cooker heat ghee and when moderately hot add hing and jeera to it, fry till jeera turns slightly brown.
- Add onions and fry till they turn translucent.
- At this point add tomatoes and fry till they leave oil around 5 minutes.
- Add salt, chilli,turmeric, kasuri methi and crushed vadi to above, fry for another 2 minutes.
- Add the washed millets and about 5 cups of water and cook for 8-10 minutes on medium flame with pressure.
- Serve hot with kadhi, rasam or dahi.