Milk Dates Peda
I was doing some search for what items I want to put in my Diwali basket when I chanced upon this Milk Dates peda recipe at RedChillies and it was love at first sight for me... I anyways wanted a milk sweet to be a part of the diwali basket and decided that this would be it and I am glad I did because it was yummy... the dates gave a nice flavour twist to the milk peda.
- Soak the dates in milk for about 5-6 hours. I soaked it overnight (keep in refrigerator else the milk will spoil)If u are in a hurry heat milk and then add the dates, mix until it becomes soft.
- Grind the above mixture to a smooth paste
- Heat butter in a big microwave safe container. Please choose a big container else while making the mixture can spill out of it
- Microwave for a minute then add the condensed milk, milk powder, dates paste and mix well.
- Microwave the mxture for about 6 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes to prevent burning and overflowing of the mixture
- Add the essences and let it coolDepending on how patient you are and how much time u have
- Take a small portion, make balls and then flatten it on your palm. This will be easily doable if u have let the mixture cool enough :)
- Place a raisin on top of it
- Still waiting for next instruction, put it in the mouth my dear and enjoy :D
And this is off to the lovely event I am hosting next month - MEC by Srivalli, This month's is hosted by Priya and the topic is MEC - Sweets. So here is my last minute entry for it, today is the last day phew!!!