Microwave Aloo Mutter | BM5 | Post 1
And its time again to do Valli's wonderful marathon, one week of theme based blogging and this time we chose the theme as microwave cooking. Now I always do microwave cooking off and on but the motivation for doing a 7-day posts on microwave came from the meal I whipped up in microwave when my gas wasn't working, so when valli this time asked me to pick up a theme I kept wondering what till the last minute and finally picked Microwave Meals, though I am going to be cheating here and posting mostly microwave curries, sabzis and rice :P.
So today we look at Mircowave Aloo Mutter, which actually came out pretty yummm and hubby refused to believe I made it in microwave.
- In a glass plate or directly on the microwave tray keep washed potatoes along with a small bowl of water so that the potatoes dont get dried and wrinkled. Microwave on high for about 4-5 minutes till potatoes are done. Keep aside for cooling.
- In the meanwhile take a big glass bowl, add the oil and jeera to it and microwave for 2 mins.
- Add the onions to it and microwave for another 4 minutes till the onions soften and start to turn pink.
- Now add the tomatoes and microwave for another 4 mins till tomatoes look somewhat cooked.
- In the meanwhile peel and dice the potatoes.
- After the tomatoes are done add the peas and all masalas and microwave for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and microwave for another minute or so and let it rest for about 5 minutes so that the flavors mix well.
- Serve with hot rotis :D.
Check out the Blogging Marathoners doing BM#5 along with me.
Seven Days of Microwave Meals:**Monika,
Seven Days of Colorful Dishes Kid's Special:**Kalyani