Everyone in my family enjoys eating methi and though we make it in quite some ways, we had got kind of bored with all this and thus I put my thinking cap on and tried to get something different... the result was very good and all at home loved it :) It's a simple and extremely healthy dish... do try it out.
- Wash and soak moong dal for about 15 min and then boil it in a pan with about 1 cup of water, for about 5 min or till tender, and drain the water... they should just be boiled and not sticking to each other.
- Heat oil in a kadai and add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds. After the cumin becomes brown add the dry chillies and fry for 1/2 minute.
- Add the onions and fry till they start becoming golden brown.
- Add the tomatoes and fry till the masala starts to leave the oil.
- Add all the dry masalas and fry for another 1/2 minute.
- Now add the methi leaves.
- Fry for about 4-5 minutes till they become tender and then add the boiled and drained moong dal.
- Fry for another 3-4 minutes and then bingo it's ready...... enjoy.