Methi Matter Pasanda
Me : I don't feel like coking today
N : And I don't feel like going out
Me : ok then lets order in
N : naah mood nahin hai plus what will it do to your diet
Me : sigh but I dont want to cook why do u have to sayno everytime I ask to go out picks up ojas and walks away in part anger part style to the first floor
About an hour or so later totally convinced that I have been royally ignored and this man won't come up to say ok lets go out and eat... I come down to make some quick eat... and what do I see...
All my cooking books half open, half closed thrown away on my carpet in the middle of the living room and a very very very messy looking kitchen but the dining table set in a lovely manner with nothing less than methi mattter pasanda & egg bhurji....
and I didn't have anything to say after that apart from enjoying the meal and yes the 2-hour cleaning after that ;-)
so here is the recipe ab bolo post karna banta hai na ;-)
For the paste
- for the paste
- Combine all the ingredients in a pan and simmer for 8-10 minutes till the onions are soft and nearly all the liquid has evaporated
- Puree the mixture to a smooth paste in a blender. Keep aside
- for the gravy
- Combine the milk, curds and gram flour. Mix Well and keep aside
- Sprinkle salt over the methi leaves and leave aside for 10 minutes. Wash the leaves well. Squeeze out all the water.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds
- When the seeds crackle, add the methi leaves and kasuri methi and saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the prepared paste, curd-gram flour mixture, garam masala and salt with 1/2 cup of water and bring the mixture to a boil
- Ass the green peas and simmer for 1-2 minutes
- Serve hot with chapathis
God bless the man for serving a good meal and god please send me someone to clean the mess after that ;-) Recipe Source : Tarla Dalal's Cooking with 1 teaspoon of Oil