Marble in a Bundt
I have been wanting to get a Bundt Tin like forever in my life... But when I would go to a shop and ask for it half of the people would look at me with a face which is a mix of shock, ignorance and disgust sigh, some will be polite to ask what it is and then I would have to have the task to explain them how does it look while they give me a what are u talking about look........ and the few very few who will know what it is just wont have it... and inspite of this I would insist that they take down my name and number and call me back when they get it...
So imagine my state when last week I got a call from a store saying that they have got it... I couldn't believe my luck, really couldn't :) and without wasting any time rushed for the shop zest someone take away soon to be mine Bundt Tin :D
And day before yesterday I baked my first bundt cake... there is something ceremonious about them isnt it :) I baked a simple marble cake... I personally thought the marble didnt come out very well inspite of the fact that I have made the marble cake with this recipe like umpteen number of times but the softness and the texture of the cake was brilliant... I will have to master the art of getting the marble right in the Bundt...
Anyways here is the recipe...
- Divide the flour in two equal parts, to one part add 1.5 tsp baking powder and sift them together thrice and keep aside.
- to the other flour add the coca powder, baking powder and sift thrice again... u can also add coffee to it... i usually skip it because ojas loves to eat cakes.
- Beat the eggs, sugar till fluffy and then slowly add cream to the mixture and beat some more.
- Divide the above mixture into two.
- And add one part to the above created and sieved flour mixtures... Add vanilla essence to the one which doesnt have the coca powder.
- mix both well to have a smooth batter... so now u have two batters for the marble to be created.
- Pour both the batters alternatively to achieve the marble effect.
- Bake at 200 deg C for about 35 mins or till the knife comes out clean.
- when the cake is hot brush it with butter and sprinkle the powdered sugar on it.
how about some tea and cake :)
7th is ojas's second birthday and this time I am thinking of being brave and making the cake for the party myself, only problem is that I am not too good with the icings... if any of u have a fool proof icing recipe, pls send to me... pretty urgent please as I want to give it one trail run before deciding on whether to order or make at home