Mango Pancakes yumminess redefined | BM6 Post 4
There is something about mangoes that makes everything look so pretty... see this pancake batter for example, I couldn't get enough of looking at it when I was cooking them yesterday, What a lovely color... mangoes are making me fall in yellow color all over again I say.
Now that you have seen the lovely yellow color, let me tell you the story behind this in too, actually in our house this is a genius invention of my son :D He loves his pancakes and if left to him he can have them morning day and night and also he loves mangoes. So one day he came to me and said lets make mango pancakes, now I had never made them before and when I asked him how he simply said. Oh cut mangoes, put in mixie and put in pancake batter and make... sounds so easy right... looks like I indeed have a budding chef in my house :D.
Also normally I make my pancakes with eggs but this time I tried buttermillk pancakes as I though the buttermilk will be a nice balance to the acidic mango and I couldnt have ben more right. Its gelled so well together and also provided some amount of buttermilk to Ojas who typically runs away from anything that has curd.
- Mix all the ingredients expect the choco chips together and blend well together to get a smooth runny batter
- Heat a pan and pour a ladle fun over the hot pan, let it spread by itself
- DO NOT spread it like a dosa unless u want a crepe :)
- if u are adding choco chips sprinkle on top, at this point the pan cake will look so pretty
- U can stare till cooks :)
- Flip over when it bubbles and the sides become a bit dry
- Cook the other side too and serve :D
You can put a little more if u want, my mangoes were really sweet so I used very less sugar
Also check out what Other Blogging Marathoners are upto
Sending this to My Culinary Creations – Mango Recipes