Leek Mushroom & Lemon Risotto
Risotto is a very popular Italian rice dish made with a short to medium grain, plump rice which is high in starch content. It is one of those dishes where the star of the dish is its simplicity. Risotto draws its brilliance from a good rice cooked in a vegetable/chicken stock along with some vegetables. The most common rice is Arborio but our idly rice works as well if you ask me. So go ahead and make this Leek Mushroom & Lemon Risotto for a deceptively simple dish to win over your lunch or dinner guests.
- Heat the butter and oil in a heavy-bottom pan over a medium heat.
- Add the garlic, leek and mushroom and fry for 2-3 minutes until leeks are soft.
- Add the rice and wine and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer till wine is completely absorbed.
- Add the stock and simmer for about 10 minutes while stirring in between or till the rice is completely cooked and all the stock is absorbed. If the stock dries up before the rice is cooked add a little more warm water.
- Add the cheese, salt, lemon zest, lemon juice and stir with a spoon until melted.
- Sprinkle black pepper and serve warm.