Layered Spinach Casserole
I heart, I love spinach so its made in the household quite often and Ojas seems to like it too makes it even more common and hence I am always on the lookout for some spinach recipes
So when I saw this dish with spinach flavored rice and stir fried veggies in Nita Mehta's Baking Dishes cookbook I had to make it... a great one pot meal... Ingredients For the rice.
For the rice
For the spinach layer
Stir Fried Veggies
- Boil 6 cups water with 1 tsp salt. Add rice and boil till soft. Strain rice. Spread the rice in a plate to cool. Keep aside.
- Heat oil butter in a pan, add ginger and green chilli. Stir till ginger starts to change color. Add spinach puree. Cook for 2 minutes. Remove from fire. Let spinach cool.
- Whisk curd till smooth. Add 1tsp flour to curd and whisk again. Add curd to spinach and mix. Return to fire and cook till thick. Add salt to taste. Remove from fire to cool. Pour over the rice.
- For the stir fried veggies, heat the olive oil in a pan (in the original this is also done in butter... so chose what u like). Add onion, stir fry till pink. Add all the veggies apart from potato incase u are adding it. Stir fry for 3-4 minutes on low heat. Add the potato and stir fro another 2-3 minutes. Add salt, pepper and red chilli flakes to taste.
- To assemble the casserole.
- Grease a baking dish and spread spinach rice and press down gently.
- Spread the stir fry veggies over the rice in a uniform layer.
- Bake in a hot over at 200 degrees for 20 mins.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle chopped coriander and serve hot. We had it with curd and it was yummy.
- And it look so colorful and vibrant that u feel like reaching to it and eating ;)