Indian Style Scrambled Eggs (Anda Bhurji)
Anda bhurji is probably India's answer to the ever famous scrambled eggs. Sautéed onions and tomatoes combined with chillies and other spices make a delightful high protein breakfast with toast or a wholesome and delicious lunch or dinner with a parantha.
I have many memories of college days and early working days, standing at the roadside dhabha and eating a super spicy anda bhurji with tandoori rotis and washing it down with a garam chai, it is my toplist food in the list of comfort foods
The coconut milk addition is however a recent one, a fellow blogger and a friend told me about it sometime ago and since I have tried that I can't help but do it everytime.
- In a cast iron skillet or another heavy bottom pan, heat ghee. Once the ghee is medium hot, add jeera seeds and saute till golden brown
- Add the onions and chopped green chillies and fry till the onions turn translucent.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and tomatoes and fry further till tomatoes are cooked. This will take about 4-5 minutes.
- Whisk the 6 eggs together in a large bowl and add to the cooked tomatoes.
- Cook on low flame till the eggs are cook. Its important to cook on low flame for light and fluffy textured bhurji
- When the eggs are 80% add, stir in the coconut milk if using. This makes the bhurji a little more creamier.
- Once cooked, garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot