Granola Bars (Millet & Oats Granola Bars)
VERY slightly pissed right now, the camera SD card which has pictures of 6 dishes including the one which needs to be shared in this post is giving me a "CARD ERROR" and not letting me retrieve any pictures. Now I have two choices - either to not post today or post but add a picture tomorrow, as there is no chance of me baking, cutting and then clicking Granola bars by 6 pm (and pictures clicked post that are anyways shitty) and then hubby told me why don't you make, take pictures of the whole stuff and post the sliced pictures tomorrow. It seemed like a decent middle path to me, so here is the post which I will update with the sliced bars pictures tomorrow.
And now over to the calm post this should have been, not the rant that you read above but then somebody told me it is good to rant once in a while ;)
Granola Bars is one of those things that I hate to buy from market. It is easy to make and far more nutritional when you bake them at home. One can literally control what goes in and how much.
I make my granola bars once in two weeks, each time tweaking the ingredients a little bit which change the flavour of the bars. They are perfect in the child's snack box or as a quick breakfast with a glass of milk. I throw them in my gym bag to be eaten just after my swim, N eats it after his run and sometimes when in mid day I am hungry I just pick one of these and eat rather than picking up junk.
Millet & Oats Granola Bars
- Place all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and combine well.
- Grease and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Press the granola mixture onto the sheet
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees centigrade for about 25 to 30 minutes or until evenly browned.
- The mixture will still be soft when just of the oven. Using a knife, carve out the squares or rectangles that you want at this stage but don’t try to remove them from the sheet. Allow to cool completely. Cutting out the shapes at this stage will make removing them easier when they’re hard and cool.
- Store in an airtight jar or box.
PS : will update it the post with sliced bars pictures soon enough
PPS : phone pictures so not so great