Gatte Ki Sabji
When I posted Kadhi's recipe, Goofy called me and said how much she loved it and how much she is in love with anything that has besan and the same goes for me... I love besan... and then I told her about this dish that I heart... typically a rajisthani dish which is pretty popular in Punjab too... So goofy here is the rec for u :) GatteKi Sabji... another dish I love
For the gattas
For the gravy
- Keep the water in a broad pan/kadai to boil.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients together to form a very soft dough.
- Mold in cylindrical shape.
- put in the boiling water and let it cook for about 5-10 mins till they are done.
- filter out the gattas and keep the water aside.
- cut them into 1 inch pieces.
- now heat 1 tsp oil in a kadai for the gravy.
- add jeera seeds and heat till they crackle.
- add onion & ginger paste and fry till golden brown.
- add tomatoes and fry for another 5 mins.
- add gattas and fry for another 2 mins.
- add the water and let it simmer for 5 mins till desired gravy thickness is achieved.
- serve hot with phulkas or rice.
Edited to add : pics to illustrate the step by step recipe