Easiest and yummiest ever rice
It was ages back I had bookmarked this recipe of Corrainder rice to try and as usual the poor bookmark got hidden somewhere in my habit of bookmarking almost every other dish that I see on the blogs... so day before yesterday when I actually had very few vegetables at home but stilldidn'twant to go out to eat and alsodidn'twant to eat the standard routine stuff, I thought about having a look at my bookmarked recipes and here I found this gem again... easy and yummmy.... and luckily I had loads ofcorianderat home :D.
Garlic is my latest obsession and from not eating garlic at all to putting in all almost all dishes I have come a long way since my wedding.
For the seasoning
- Cook the basamati rice just enough as you want to, I pressure cooked them with 1:1.5 times water for one whistle.
- Grind all the ingredients for the paste together.
- Heat oil in a pan add mustard seeds to it, let it crackle.
- Add curry leaves, dry red chillis, urad dal and channa dal. Roast for 2 minutes till the dal turns slightly brown.
- Add the grinded mixture and cook for 2 minutes. Cool a little and add to the boiled rice.
- Garnish with freshcoriander leaves and bingo its ready to be eaten... isnt it easy?
And I swear it was yummy there was this lovely flavor of dhaniya which I simply love.... we had it with mix veg raita and it was a yumm meal and I think this would be a great dish for a party buffet... simple but still adds that little extra than the plain white rice
This is off to the lovely event Anyone Can cook