Double Chocolate Strawberry Loaf
For me Xmas time equates baking time, I guess it does the same for everyone but from the past 3 years that I have been running Sin-A-Mon as a bakery, even more so. The orders are plenty and this is the season whenboth me and my oven are working overtime. However this time around due to a lot of personal and health issues I didn't take any orders but that doesn't mean I am not baking. The child's winter vacations have started and my kitchen is turned into a restaurant. He orders and I cook/bake. It's so much fun and considering that I have had a very busy year, I am really thankful for this year ending bonding exercise. If you want to keep track of what I am cooking/baking for him, follow me on instagram here
- Pre heat oven to 180C and grease a medium sized loaf pan with butter. Set aside.
- Sift together all the dry ingredients namelywhole wheat flour, all purpose flour, cocoa powder, salt, cinnamon nutmeg powder and baking powder soda and set aside.
- In a bowl of your mixer, cream together butter and sugar till light and fluffy. This will take about 3-4 minutes.
- Now add egg one at a time, beating till it is fully blended.
- Add the sour cream and beat further for a minute and fold in the flour mixture to it.
- In the end fold in the strawberries and the chopped chocolate.
- Pour the batter in the prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes till a toothpick comes out clean.
- Wait for it completely cool before removing from the pan and slicing.