Desi Health Bites : Three Bean Cutlet
I have been using Rice Bran Oil in my kitchen for sometime now and I always feel the food cooked with it feels lighter, so when Fortune Rice Bran Oil contacted me to design recipes for them I was more than happy to.
Fortune along with sending the oil, sent a list of benefits of Rice Bran Oil and some myths to be debunked around it. Some of them so interesting, According to them it is less oily and I have to agree to this one.
Less-oily, healthy food: Cooking oils become sticky due to oxidation during frying. Ricebran oil is highly stable which keeps it non-sticky and the food absorbs lesser oil.
Also a common myth is that Rice bran is made from rice, they clarify it here.
Is FRBH oil made from rice? And can’t be consumed during fasts. No, it is made fromthe bran of rice, a nutritious brown layer between the grain and husk. Bran is the onlysource of Oryzanol, which helps reduce cholesterol and prevents heart disease. It can beconsumed during fasts.
- Using a potato masher, mash together the boiled chick peas, kidney beans, black eyed beans and potato.
- In the above add the finely chopped onions, bread crumbs (whisk toasted bread in mixing to make bread crumbs at home), ginger garlic paste, coriander leaves and dry spices.
- Let this rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Now take about 2-3 tbsp of the dough and make round patties about 1/4 inch thick. Smoothen the edges of the cutlet so that it doesn't break while frying.
- Ina cast iron or any other shallow pan, add littleFortune Rice Bran Oil, we don't need too much just a very thin layer. Once it is hot shallow fry your cutlets 3-4 minutes on each side till they are golden brown.
- Repeat for all the cutlets.
- Serve hot with green chutney or tomato ketchup.
Thisblogpost is in association with Fortune Foods as a part of their Desi Health Bites activity–The Hunt for the Best Rice Bran Oil Recipes. For more updates andhealthy recipes using Fortune Rice Bran Health Oil, follow Fortune Foods onFacebook atwww.facebook.com/FortuneFoodsand on Twitter at @fortunefoods(https://twitter.com/FortuneFoods)