Dahi Walla Tinda
In a most shocking news here, I love tinda. The small round ones stuffed with masala or the ones made as a simple onion-tomato curry or the nawabi malai tinda or a simple tinda stir fry. Some years ago mum started making these dahi walla tinda and when I ate it the first time it was an instant hit, we make it at home on a regular basis now and going with the theme at blog these days posting of everyday recipes, here is the dahi walla tinda. Easy and fast to make but will shine on the dinner table.
- Peel, wash and chop the tindas into four pieces. If you manage to find smaller tindas just mark four slits on the tinda without fully cutting it.
- In a heavy bottom pan or kadai, heat 1 tsp of oil and when hot add jeera and methi sides. Fry till both the jeera and methi have slightly browned.
- Add the chopped tinda and fry for 5 mins till it slightly starts to brown.
- While the tinda is frying, whisk together the curd and besan with 1/2 cup of water to make a smooth batter.
- Add to the tinda along with salt and cook till the curry has thickened and tinda fully cooked.
- In the end take 1 tsp of ghee, once its hot add the hing and fry till brown. Add the chilli powder and pour on top of the tinda. Serve hot with warm rotis and salad for a delicious lunch or dinner.