Corn and Paneer Samosa
Samosa's are a snack I go weak in my knees for, all forms. The delhi masala aloo one or the one that my grandma used to get from old delhi stuffed with moong dal, the kheema filled ones at Albert bakery and then I made these corn and paneer ones for a evening tea party once and they were such hit.
Fry them or bake them for a delightful evening snack
- Sift together flour and salt once.
- combine ghee into the flour and mix using your fingers.
- Add water little by little to make a firm dough. Knead it till the dough comes together to form a ball.
- Rest the dough for about half an hour covered with a wet cloth at room temperature.
- While the dough is resting, mix all the filling ingredients together and keep aside .
- Divide the samosa dough into 20 balls, each about 1 inch in diameter.
- Take one ball and shape the samosa with the corn and paneer filling.
- Samosas can be shaped in two ways - Roll into a triangle. Place some filling in the center. Bring edges together and seal them to form a pyramid.
- Or roll into a circle. Cut halfway to center on one side. Fill in the filling in one semi circle. Shape into cone. Seal edges.
- Repeat the same process of shaping and filling the samosas with rest of the dough. Deep fry in hot oil, you can also bake these by placing them on greased oven dish and putting it in the oven at 220 C for 15-20 minutes until golden brown
- Serve the Corn and Paneer Samosas along with a Green Chutney as a tea time snack along with a cup of chai.