Cookie Crunch Mocha Custard
I have always been fond of cooking and its serves like therapy for me... sometime back when I was at home still looking for a job... I did a lot of experiments in the kitchen... some of them didn't turn out very good but most of them were nice and quite some were rated yummy by my sis and hubby... my sis suggested that I start a cooking blog and start posting all these recipes... so I am taking a part of her suggestion and will be posting some of the good recipes here.... Starting with one of my favorites.
Cookie Crunch Mocha Custard.
- Melt the cooking chocolate in a double boiler (fill a large vessel with water and then keep a small vessel inside which contains the chocolate to be melted...) u can also use microwave to melt the chocolate but be careful not to burn it
- dissolve the coffee powder in a little water to make a thick paste
- Proceed normally to make a regular custard...
- Now add the melted chocolate and coffee in the custard and boil for another 3-4 mins
- Remove from gas and let it cool a little
- Crumble the mix cookies with hands and sprinkle on top of the custard after its a little cool... this has to be done when it has become luke warm... too early means the cookies will become too soft and too late means they will not blend...
- Let the custard set in the refrigerator for 4-5 hrs...
PS: unfortunately I made this quite sometime back and hence dont have a pic :)
For those who are not very familiar with the steps... here they are...
a. Take out 50 ml of milk and boil the rest
b. Dissolve the custard powder in the 50ml milk u had taken out before
c. When the milk starts boiling, add the sugar and let it dissolve
d. after the sugar is fully dissolved add the custard powder while constantly stirring and boil for 2-3 mins