Cholia ka Nimona : Mashed Garbanzo beans curry
So the next recipe in the Cholia series is Cholia ka Nimona, now this is not a recipe that my mum used to make. I never even knew about Nimona till some years ago and then when I posted the Green Peas Nimona last year someone commented on he post saying they also make that with fresh green chana and I thought how good would a cholia ka nimona taste. So this year I was promptly waiting for the cholia season to try my hands on making it and I did. It was an absolute surprise, I was sure I will like it but it really surpassed all my expectations too. We have made it twice after that already and this one I can tell will be a winter regular in our house from this season.
- Grind ginger, green chillies and cholia coarsely using as little water as possible.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan, add hing and fry for 30 secs.
- Add the jeera seeds and fry till golden brown. Add bay leaf and fry for another 30 secs.
- Now add the ground cholia and dry spices and roast for 5 mins on low flame.
- Add the warm water and let it boil for 3-4 minutes and its done.
- Serve with hot roti’s.
More Cholia Recipes.