Chole Bhature : Post 18
Chole bhature is my second most favorite food in the whole world... ofcourse nothing can beat kadhi-chawal, but I like this one too a lot but everything about this one qualifies as sinful... fully sinful so its made very very rarely at our household... The chole is made pretty often and I have been thinking of posting them for a long time but somehow chole without the bhature seemed incomplete, so last sunday the sin was done when guests were over, so this post had to be this Friday... it couldn't wait any longer ;-)
Now that you have drooled at the above picture, here is the recipe.
For the chole
For garnishing chole
For the side aalo
For the side mirchi
For the bhatura
- The chole
- Boil the soaked cholas with some salt, dry gooseberries and a pinch of turmeric in pressure cooker. After one whistle lower the flame and let it cook for about 15 minutes
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan and add cumin seeds to it
- After they turn brown add all the sabut masala (bay leaves, cloves, crushed black cardamom, cinnamon, peppercons). Fry for 2 minutes
- Add the green chillies and fry for 1 min
- Add grated onion and fry till golden brown
- Add the tomato puree and fry for about 5 minutes
- Add all the dry masalas and fry for another minute or so
- Take out some of the boiled channas and mash them well and roast for about 2 minutes or so
- Add the rest of the boiled channas (don't add the water yet) and mash very little and roast for another 5 mins.
- Now add water and cook for another 5 mins
- Garnish with cut onion and tomato rings and top with some fresh corrainder
- The aalu
- Boil the potatoes in pressure cooker
- Peel and cut them in cubes
- Heat oil in pan, add all dry masalas.Roast for 1 min
- Add potatoes and mix well
- Fry for 5 minutes or so
- The chillies
- Slit the green chillies from the center, dont remove the stalk, If u dont like it very spicy remove the seeds else leave them.
- Mix all the dry masalas together and roll the green chillies in that
- Deep fry to 2 minutes in hot oil
- Mix all the ingredients together and using water and knead to form a soft dough.
- Cover with a damp cloth and leave aside for atleast 1 hour or so
- Make round balls and roll like chapatis and deep fry in hot oil
- And now put them all together in a plate, add some green chutney and attack :D
Also now that I have your full attention please read this too... Apu of the brilliant blog Apu's World started a online magazine and online community called womensweb sometime back which I am sure you all are aware of. She is having this lovely contest out there on Mommy Guilt something which I am sure all of us mom's relate to and those who are not mom's and those lovely fathers that read my blog yet have seen their mom's and spouse's guilt.... have u got a story to share? some motivation or words for others dealing with mommy guilt... please go ahead and do the post... U might end up winning Rs 500/- gift voucher of another lovely site Flipkart.
So what are you waiting for? Go write your entry now... details here