Choco Apple Oats Cake - Blog Hop Wednesday 1
A couple of weeks back I got a mail from Radhika asking whether I would like to be a part of Blog Hop Wednesdays, where we would be assigned one other blog and we have to cook from it my blog would be assigned to someone else in a similar fashion. The whole thing sounded very interesting to me specially because otherwise I hardly get time to go browse other blogs and explore them so I immediately said yes and soon enough a whole of emails followed discussing the details figuring out how often we wanna do this etc and I loved the excited chitter chatter that was happening in emails. And finally a decision was taken too we would post on alternate Wednesday's as of now.
Radhika painstakingly worked on making groups and assigning us our blog partners for the next 8 editions of BHW i.e next 4 months almost. Kudos to her.
For this week the blog I had to cook from was Mom Chef aka Kalyani, I spent some delectable time at the blog wondering what to make and being still confused when my son who is down with viral since past 6 days asked me for a cake and at the same time I saw this Mocha Cinnamon Oats Cake at her site and I knew this will be it.
I did make couple of changes to the cake though, first I didn't add any coffee this was a cake primarily for the sick child so I didn't see any sense in doing so. Also because he wasn't feeling too well I really didn't want to add oil to the cake, after a little thought I decided to add applesauce and honey to it to replace some amount of oil. As I was adding honey to it I also didn't add any white sugar that Kalyani has added. And yes I added eggs to the recipe.
Recipe - Choco Apple Oats Cake (Adapted from Mom Chef Mocha Cinnamon Oats Cake)
- Sift flour, cocoa powder, cinnamon, salt and baking powder together. Add to this oats and choco chips and keep aside.
- Beat sugar, honey with oil for a one minute. Add one egg at a time and beat some more.
- To this add the apple puree and vanilla and beat for another minute. In the end add the buttermilk and just mix.
- Fold in the dry ingredients with the wet ones till well blended.
- Pour the batter in a greased pan and bake in a pre heated oven at 180C for about 20 mins or till done.
- Enjoy guiltfree pleasure.