BongMom Cookbook Giveaway Winner & Chocolate Coconut cookies
Drumrolls please, we have a lucky winner for Sandeepa's book "BongMom CookBook" and the winner is Kusum Rohra.
And to celebrate such a good news, I have for you some chocolate coconut cookies. I love love love chocolate and coconut together, I also make a chocolate and tender coconut mousse which is quite a hit with people I know so I was fairly confident about these cookies when I tried the flavour combination the first time but the recent surpassed my expectations. These were delightfully good, crunchy and chocolately
Makes 20-24 cookies.
- In a double boiler or in a microwave on low power, melt the chocolate. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Then, in a large bowl, lightly whisk the egg whites. We do not need to form peaks here, just whisked till they are frothy.
- Add the cocoa, sugar, salt, and vanilla extract and whisk to combine them together.
- Fold in the coconut and melted chocolate, making sure the coconut is completely coated with the chocolate mixture.
- Cover the bowl with a cling film and refrigerate for about one hour or so.
- Preheat oven to 165 C and line two baking sheets with parchment paper or better still use Silpat.
- Place one heaping tablespoons of the batter on the baking sheet leaving about 2 inches in between for the space for them to rise/expand.
- Bake for about 13-15 minutes until they are shiny and just beginning to get set, they will harden when you cool them so don’t wait for them to completely set in the oven.
- Cool on a wire rack and then pack in an airtight container. They stay well till 2 weeks that is if they last so long.