Best Ever Whole Wheat Banana Bread
Isn't that a lot of B's in the tittle but this Banana Bread kind of deserves. Before I start this post, it might be a good time to accept that I HATE BANANA. I don't eat banana till I am forced to eat one, there is nothing in the house and I am hungry or the stomach is upset and I just have to eat it.
I not just hate banana, I also hate stuff made with it with the exception of two things - Banoffee Pie and Banana Bread (and they both start with B as well :D) and as luck would have it murphy came into play and the child though he loves to eat Banana does not eat Banana desserts expect this Double Chocolate Banana Bread.
And hold your breath while I let out a secret that will shock. This is 100% whole wheat, no butter and no processed sugar banana bread and yet it is freaking delicious. I have never had anyone who takes a slice of this stop at one. The banana flavour balanced by the dark chocolate bits is just DIVINE and since it is made of atta, has olive oil and raw coconut sugar it is pretty healthy dessert and snack option as well.
So without any further delay, here is the recipe for the BEST EVER BANANA BREAD which is also 100% whole wheat has olive oil and raw sugar. Yes this is called hitting a jackpot truly
Whole Wheat Double Chocolate Banana Bread
- Pre heat the oven to 180C and grease a 9 X 5 inch loaf pan and keep aside. If you want you can also line it with parchment paper but if you grease the pan well the loaf doesn't stick and comes out easily
- Roughly mash bananas in a large bowl, I like a little bit of piece coming here and there so I use the whisk or potato masher to mash and do not puree them, however if you prefer you can puree them as well. Add olive oil on top and whisk till combined.
- To the above add 2 eggs and whisk till everything is incorporated. Keep aside
- Sieve together whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder and cinnamon. Add raw sugar to this and mix.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet (eggs, banana and oil) and using a spatula mix till fully incorporated
- Add the chopped dark chocolate and mix well. Pour in the prepared loaf tin and bake at 180C for 50-55 mins or till the skewer comes out clean in the middle
- Let cool completely before taking it out of the tin and slicing.
- Serve with tea/coffee as a tea time treat or with ice cream as after meal dessert