Apple Raisin Cake
Baking was off from quite sometime in our household because of the neck but now from sometime Ojas wants the baked goodies with a vengeance... as if he wants to make up for the missed time :)
I baked honey raisin cake from Tara's blog in a loaf tin and we had it all for breakfast... ojas with jam, N with honey and me as it is :)
And as soon as that got over, he started the story yet again "mumma make cake" sigh... So I made Apple Raisin cake... I love fruit cakes... they are moist, soft and u dont need to put in too much sugar...
- Cut the apple and grind them to a paste with the peel , add the oil and milk while grinding.
- Add sugar to the apple and mix well.
- Add the vanilla essence.
- Add one egg at a time mixing well.
- Mix the flours and baking powder together and sift.
- Add half the flour mixture to the apple egg paste and mix, then add the rest of the half and mix well... dont over mix.
- Add the raisins, mix gently.
- Bake for about 40 mins at 175C or till the cake its done.
I was surprised at how the apple peel turned green after baking... does it happen with everyone or did it happen with me only
Recipe Adapted from Aayi's Recipe. Check the original too, I have replaced the maida with half maida and half atta, reduced the oil and put some milk. Also reduced the amount of sugar which worked very well as my apples were really sweet. Thanks Shilpa for the brilliant recipe