A Marathon Begins & Choco Chip Muffins
Cooking marathon.... when Valli spoke to me about doing this marathon (similar to NaBloPoMo but we coordinate among ourselves) for a month I was excited only thing I didnt know that she was thinking of doing this in January itself ;) so when I saw her post this morning after 2 days of being offline I was in two minds about it. Should I join 2 days late or should I skip it.... More importantly will I be able to do it as I am travelling from 22nd of this month... but than I decided what the heck... let me give it a shot :D and here I am announcing the first ever marathon on this blog.... and like they say begin everything with a sweet... so lets have a sweet beginning to the marathon as well as the year :) kuch meetha ho jaaye... And what better than Chocolate flavored muffins... yes I am taking about everyone's favorite choco chip muffins.
Everyone in my house loves choco chip muffins, there is no chocolate overdose but at the same time there is chocolate too and with a hint of cinnamon its just bliss :) and this one is quite a regular at home and I really can't believe I haven't posted it here till now.
- Whisk together eggs, milk and vanilla till light and fluffy.
- Mix together the dry ingredients i.e flours, sugar and baking powder and chocolate chips.
- With a spatula fold in the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients... dont over mix and thats the key to good muffins... unlike cake batter which u can mix and beat very well for a good sponge a muffin has to be mixed till just mixed else the muffins will turn out hard.
- Pour into a lined muffin moulds or directly into silicon muffin moulds as I did :) bake in a preheated oven for at 180C for about 15-20 minutes till the skewer comes out clean.
- Wat for it to cool down and bite away.
- And I am sending it to Champa's Bake-Off my most favorite event in the blog world... It asks me to bake what else ;-) and also to Kids Delight whose theme is Chocolate Feast this month.
- Coming up next : MEC - Savory Snacks Round up.