A day for Baking
Myself, N and Ojas all of us love Pasta, and this is the simplest and frankly the most delicious pasta recpie... Works well with almost all pastas... I have tried it with Frafalle, Penne, Fussili, Alphabet Pasta, the shells and it tastes well with everythin... ofcourse the colored alphabets are Ojas's favorite are colored alphabets :D Ingredients.
- Boil pasta as per instructions.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a pan.
- Add the herbs and onions and fry for 3-4 minute, the onions wont really turn brown because of olive oil and butter.
- Add the veggies and stir fry for 3-6 minutes depending on whether u blanched ur veggies or not.
- Add salt and red chilli flakes.
- Fry for another 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer to a baking dish, sprinkle the grated cheese.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180C for about 5 mins till the cheese is nicely melted.
- Serve hot.
I usually take out my portion, spice it up with more chilli flakes, Tabasco before baking the rest...
I was in a baking mode today and also made yummy Banana muffins courtesy the Baking Buddies, I modified her recipe a little though.... instead of all maida... I made it 3/4 whole wheat flour and 1/4 maida and increased the eggs to 2... the result was healthier and still yummy muffins...
I also experimented with bread the first time in life... again with Mandy's recipe... but what a disaster it was...Its edible but doesnt have the bread texture at all... My bread is shouting for help Mandy.... feel there was some problem with the way I handled yeast or the yeast I bought because the dough didnt raise at all even after keeping for 4 hours... we have to use dry yeast only na? Mandy, Smitha help please here...
I used cabbage, capsicum, carrot, baby corn or whatever u like) also if u like ur veggies crisp skip the blanching I blanch more for Ojas